She also thinks it fits because I just might be suspicious and manipulative. Can't really dispute that.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Why Tosca?
Today the weather is gross, so I won't be going on any great adventures today. Instead, I thought I would tell you about my new name (as of Monday, August 10, 2009). My homie decided to name me after Floria Tosca from Poochini's opera Tosca because of how my affair with Benson the Shiba-Inu illustrated my great capacity for passionate love and biting.
Also, on my first full day with the new homie, I would bark and whine everytime she'd leave me. So she thought Tosca was fitting.
She also thinks it fits because I just might be suspicious and manipulative. Can't really dispute that.
She also thinks it fits because I just might be suspicious and manipulative. Can't really dispute that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Ahh...manipulative...the secret is to be that way and not have the peeps notice...
We love ur name...an opera,huh...
My full name is Queen Anne's Lace....my brothers say I'm a WEED. Sheeshch......
You'll figure out the pottyin'...we Lakies are darn smart....I'm yappin' out my smartness as I type...Mumsie sez I give her a headache...I merely have a lot to say....
Go and visit the Mango...he has threatened to install a Lakeland Launcher on his deck...oh, and he drools a ton....take a towel...he's totally fun to irritate...
And if he sez you have a HOOGE BUTT, that's his way of sayin' ur cute...just ignore him...
Love ya lots!!!
Laciegirlie
Hi! It's good to see another Holy Terror-eee-er on the bloggie. My name is Bonnie and I'm relatively newish too. I have an elderly stepbrother Puffers who I keep trying to boot over the rainbow. He just won't leave my stuff alone!!! I love to go shopping, hang out with HER girlie friends (they bring me pressies and give me snackies), go to the dog park and beat up all the boys and go for long walkies with the Mr. He needs the exercise, not me. I'm sorry to hear about your recent change of fortune but us terror-eee-er girlies just have to pull up our big girl panties, comb our beardies and claim whatever space we are in as our own. If we can see it, it's OURS.
Sniffy butts from far away in Florida,
Bonnie the wee Scottie
wow you are a little ball of attitude arent you....I think that befriending miss Lacie could get you in trouble...especially if you mess with MY mango....anyhow welcome to blogdom...i certainly look forward to seeing whatkind of trouble you may or may not get yourself into
I think your name is pawesome. It's almost as good as the name Noah.....almost hehe.
Noah x
Tosca
It's a pawfect name fow a DIVA which you cleawly awe meant to be..we love Poochini..he makes my pawents sob, heheh(they'we easy to get all weepy and semtimental)
Passion is a gweat thing! and so is booty
and maybe even hystwionics, hehehehe
Awe you still madly in love wif Benson?
can't wait to heaw
smoochie kisses
ASTA
Tosca
Well, I hate to admit it, but fow semtimental weasons, it's La boheme..but Tosca and Tuwandot awe wight up thewe.
My hoomans saw Boheme in Venice's La Fenice theatwe once ages ago, and it was vewy special fow them
It was pawfect in a small intimate theatwe like that (they had seen it, in LA, and at the Met and stuff befowe)
They cwy even though they know what will happen to mimi..hoomans awe weiwd
smoochie kisses
ASTA
Hello Tosca,
It's nice to meet you. Please come by and see us sometime.
XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java
Nice to meet woo Toskha!
When woo get khomfy, we have a chat about The LacieBeastie!
Welkhome to Blog World!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
Hi Tosca!
Nice to meet you!
I agree with the comments above that you should take any advice that Lacie gives you with an enormous grain of salt. Like Salt Lake-size grain of salt. But you seem like a lovely little doggie and no doubt you can amend the reputation that Lakelands have gotten in DWB land!
As far as training, just remember that we are terriers and "commands" are meant more as "suggestions!" (Except when we're the ones issuing the commands. Then they must be obeyed immediately.) For example, when your homie says "come Tosca" you'll note that she didn't specify when, so you will come to her, just when you feel like it.
Have fun!
Your pal,
Petey
Petey is so right. "Come!" means continue to do what you were doing, or back away, or stare and say "Huh? Are you talking to me?" It's a terrier thing and we have it down pat.
As for Poochini, Mom is a huge Poochini lover -- Tosca is one of her favorites (she first it in Paris and then she saw Luciano Pavarotti in it here in South Florida). But she also loves La Boheme and Madama Butterfly.
So Florida Tosca -- with your passion and artistic temperament -- seems to suit you just fine!!!
Wirey woofs,
Jake and JUst Harry
Oops, we meant Floria Tosca -- the Florida just slipped out 'cause that's where we is!!!
Post a Comment