This morning I stayed at the apartment alone while my homie went to her class again. It's a big day, really, because I hate hate hate being left alone. But today I didn't let my separation anxiety take over.Now back to squirrel, skunk, chipmunk, and feral cat patrol.
9 comments:
That's because you don't know how to meditate properly. If you did, then you could just go to your special place whilst your mom is away, but I know you terriers don't ever sleep OR meditate. Maybe your mom could get you a treadmill and just leave you on it when she goes to school. Hee hee.
Slobbers,
Mango
Mango are you a psychic? My homie was thinking of getting a treadmill for me (and her—well, mostly her)
It must be all that meditating he does. I'm glad you are settling into your new schedule. We HATE being home alone. We end up being crated while they are gone, cuz one of us might look crooked at the other and then someone might get hurt. I'm just saying....
Bonnie
Ciao bella Tosca!
Mille grazie for stopping by my bloggie! We will have to practice our Italian together!!! (La mia ragazza's papa speaks it and she took it wayyyy back in college, but just between us, I think her Italian is pretty lame....heeeeeee!!!)
I, Lucia, also have a bit of separation anxiety and get a little stressed when la mia ragazza leaves. She puts me in my kennel and gives me a smidge of peanut butter in my Kong, which distracts me from my angst ... it can really help! (Mmmmm ... peanut butterrrrrrr...)
Tanti baci, la mia nuovo amica!!
Lucia
Wanna talk separation anxiety? We could write a dissertation! My current treatment plan: the bedroom, with Jake, and the big bed and Animal Planet on in the background. I'm not sure why Moma thinks that combination might work, but it seems to be improving the situation. (She used to crate me. I'd spin so bad the crate would be halfway across the room when she got home.) (Just hope she doesn't point the webcam on you while she's gone. It takes away ALL your privacy!)
Totally understanding,
Miss Fergi (and Jake)
I'm sorry you have separation anxiety. I have separation anxiety, and I cry and cry. I spend the day in puppy play pen when Mommy goes to work.
Sally Ann
Well, when Mumsie goes to work I'm stuck her with Scruffman...Stanny goes to daycare cuz he eats our puppy pads that we use for emergencies...it is an emergency if he eats the darn thing...
We have a dog walker come and play with us...it helps a lot...plus it gets Scruffy outta my face for a while....
Love ya girlie!!!
Laciegirlie
Oh yes, separation anxiety...Try HOWLING it out of the system!
Tosca. One more thing about separation anxiety. This is the hardest thing for Moma, but it may be what has worked the best. When she comes home and I'm yipping and spinning and jumping around (and barking, more recently), she won't come to get me out of (the crate, originally or) the bedroom (now) until I am quiet. Then she gushes over me and give me a treat. Maybe it's helping because I am getting better.
It's hard. For everyone.
Hang in there. All of you.
Fergi xxxx
Post a Comment