Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall colors and toofercare

DSCN1411.JPG
Welcome to my balcony!
On the balcony
These colors are nice, but I think they mean that it's gonna get all wintry soon. Ugh. That's pretty bad for my manicure. But you know what winter means? Winter gear! I want this coat, but I have a feeling my homie's gonna get me something more practical and sporty (too bad it doesn't come in pink—hmph!) for our winter workouts.

Yesterday the homes bought me a "leave me alone so I can finish writing this chapter" present: a deer antler! It is the yumminess and soooo much better than my nylabone, which I have to be bribed to chew.
DSCN1414.JPG
The lady at the doggy boutique told us she knows of some doggies who are 20-30 pounds and pretty decent chewers using this size (medium) for about a month so it should be good for a 14-pounder like me. Uh, I don't think it will last a week since I'm already about an inch through it after about 15 minutes yesterday and 2 15-minute sessions today. Well, it's not a raw cow knuckle, but it'll do I suppose.

Hold on, just gotta get the back teeth.

Getting the back toofs
A note about my collars: I wear so many because of the training system (hahaha hahahaha hehehehe!) my homie uses; it uses the different collars for different things which I won't get into here because all I know is that they suck. The big red one is a heavy collar that helps keep me calm in the house and during training sessions. I never jump up or get my zoomies out in the apartment unless the homie and I are playing, and it keeps me from getting anxious or barky if I hear noises that are out of the ordinary or if I see delicious animals running around outside. The brown collar is my main training collar which has a q-bone on it, and the pink collar is for walking and to hold my tags. They're not on there because they're still airing out after the great skunk attack of 2009.

Now I will get back to work on trying to coerce my homie into walking me or giving me my antler back!!!

8 comments:

Duke said...

Your autumn leaves are just beautiful, Tosca!
We have antlerz too and we love them! It takes forever to wear them down and mom says thank doGness to that because they're expensive enough!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

ScrapsofMe said...

I thought the collars were just a fashion statemnt. Silly me. But then I'm a fashion diva at heart. Love new dress up stuffs n collars n bows n blingythingys n leashes. A material girlie...it's all MINE!
Sniffies,
Bonnie

TwoSpecialWires said...

Your balcony and trees are beautiful, Tosca. It's a shame the leaves have to fall off, huh?

We keep looking for those antler things in our back yard -- sure see enough of 'em on the deer and elk. But so far we've only found the tip to one, and it's small enough Moma's radar is on us 100% of the time that we're trying to enjoy it. Guess we could suggest she break down and BUY us one! You sure look like you're enjoying it!

Enjoy, girlie,
Fergi and Jake ooxx

Dexter said...

Gosh, I just assumed you were trying to stretch out your neck a little with all those collars. Now I know.

Those chewie things need special terrier ratings is my guess. I don't think it will last long.

Slobbers,
Mango

Sally Ann and Andy said...

I love your coat selection. You can find a cute pink coat, just keep asking your Mommy or Hommie.
Sally Ann

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I hope woo get a khoat that woo like!

I hear those antlers are tasty!

I wear two khollars so I understand! One is fur my leash; one fur my tieout!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Inky and Molly said...

Oh yes, antlers sound good. We've just discovered cow horns and they last a bit, too...

Inky and Molly said...

It's amazing what can be chewed on...we thought table and chair legs were pretty exotic, but clearly, antlers are the latest craze...