Friday, May 21, 2010

The Tosca Update, part 1!


Oh, hello.
Originally uploaded by rachelprofiling
Oh my goodness, what a month! I have finished my teaching assistant duties (licking the homie's feet while she grades; making her take me on walks instead of grading; etc.) for the semester, and I've spent the last week hanging out with my cousin the homie-pup.

Another fun thing that happened is that the homes' family had a coming-home party for her brother (he just got out of active duty for the army)/first birthday party for the homie-pup. Even with 40-50 new people to meet, I pretty much slept a good bit of the time. Do you know why? Hmm?

BECAUSE MY SICK SADISTIC OWNER WALKED/JOGGED ME FOR 4 MILES THE MORNING OF THE PARTY. I'm surprised I didn't just spontaneously combust, but at least I got extra praise and some treatage (roast pig and rice!) by the homie for just calmly lying down and watching the party.

So it's official: the homie and I are moving at the end of the month! I hope this whole moving thing doesn't interrupt my beauty sleep too much, and naturally I won't be doing any heavy lifting. Even though I'll be sad to leave my friends and fans here in Indiana, I'm excited since we'll be moving in with the grandhomies for a bit, which means that I'll have a new fan club AND we'll be 2 minutes from a dogpark! (Though I think my homie is more excited by the fact that we're 2 minutes from the free double-lined mutt mitts at the dogpark...)

We might end up in the big city or stay in the suburbs—but between you and me, I think I'm more of a suburban or country dog.

What's going on up there?
I smell change in the air! Or is it chicken wings? Either way, it's buttery.

3 comments:

ScrapsofMe said...

Oh thank goodness you are back! I was beginning to fret that yer homie had actually up n died and you were locked in an apt somewhere with only her stale dried bones to nibble on.

Don't you get blisters when you have a long haul run? SHE took me for a loooong walkie last week for 3 or 4 miles and I had 2 horrible blisters the next day. SHE says its cuz I was scrabbling after a cat and several squirrels on the sidewalk, nothing to with with WALKING, since the blisters were inside my pads, not on the bottoms. And there was a cat incident on the walk..and a boxer incident...and a couple of squirrel adventures aborted.

What a lucky girl to get to stay at the grand homies, aren't they famous for pampering you the proper way?

Stay in touch...missed you!

Bonnie, the wee Scottie

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Paws khrossed woo get a inkhredible place with lots of skhwirrels!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Duke said...

A move is so exciting! Make sure you remember to pack all of your toys!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch