Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas festivities and assorted fun!

Hello folks! I'm sorry I've not been commenting on your blogs. I read them, but have been busy helping with Christmas festivities and of course being a research assistant.

I have, in the last week killed or severely maimed several stuffies. What can I say? I think that skunk incident gave me a taste for blood and stuffing.

As it's starting to snow and people are going to start salting the sidewalks, I figure I need to buy some boots. I'm thinking Ruffwear's the way to go, but I hear Muttluks are good too (and they're cheaper). What do you all think? Keep in mind that I will insist on keeping up with my ladies' jogging when conditions aren't too icy, so they'll be getting a good bit of usage even in the dead of winter.

10 comments:

bbes tribe said...

Hi Tosca,
Those booties sound like a good idea. It probab ly doesn't make a lot of difference as long as they fit your feet, stay on & are comfortable. Maybe you can go into the store and try them on.
Stuffiecide is fun huh?
We enjoy that too.
Woofs
Ernie & Sasha

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Good job on the stuffie work!

No booties fur me -

My mom is soooooo NOT the jogger type - she's a great walker mom but her body is sooooooo NOT jogging khwality!

Good lukhk with the boot shopping!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Duke said...

We've never worn booties, Tosca! Mom says they sound like a great idea to her!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Dexter said...

My Grandpa Angus the airedale had boots. I forget what kind, only that he HATED them. But better than getting salt between your toes.

Slobbers,
Mango

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

We've never worn boots - hope you find some good ones.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

Sally Ann and Andy said...

I have some that light when I walk. I don't like them much. Mommy bought my boots at PPE pet warehouse.com. Good luck boot shopping.
Sally Ann

ScrapsofMe said...

Puffy has the soft felt/fleece kind that have a black rubbery bottom with velcro around the top part to hold it on. He doesnt' mind wearing them now, but at first he did this funny little step dance. However, they aren't sport booties...not for running. Only for going out in the cold wet weather to do his bidnezz. He gets sore feetie pads and licks em if they get wet n cold. I don't have any. My furs tend to shed water and I hate to admit it, but I have rather large feetsies for being such a delicate warrior princess. My pads are built for the rough Scottish outdoors, Puffies are more for a drawing room or cafe chair. Maybe you should troll some sled dog sites for info on running booties? We are anxious to see what you get...post pictures.

sniffies,
Bonnie big foot

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Oh Tosca...I think Uggs would be pawfect for you...I bet that's what your homie said when she sniffed ya after the skunk incident, huh?? Nordies has them...you might need to custom order...

For those dressy up days, I'm thinkin' something with a killer heel...and if you see another skunkie you can just whack him with you heel??

Great stuffie destuction...you rock Girl!

Kisses...Laciecakes

Agatha and Archie said...

Well we wouldn't keep shoes on for one nano second but that is just us...Congrats on the stuffie destuffing...good show!! Love A+A

Inky and Molly said...

No one would get us to wear booties, that's for sure!
Enjoy killing those stuffies (we love it, too).